Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

blessings and miracles

This Wednesday, April 14th is a truly special day.
First, it's the 39th wedding anniversary of these two wonderful people (my mom and dad). And also because they will be going here together, for the first time.
(Redlands, Ca. Temple)
I can't even begin to express my joy and wonder at the prospect.
If you remember, Mom and I went through the temple together last year to receive our Endowments. Since then, Mom has been regularly attending the temple, and the sweet blessings have been flowing. I honestly didn't think I would live to see the day that my dad would take this HUGE step.
All my life growing up, my dad was mostly inactive. I think I can remember a few periods of activity in the church, but they were always short-lived. He's smoked since before I was born, and had other vices as well. Don't we all have some sort of vice?
This past year, his activity in the church has increased. He's accepted the calling of Sunday School president in his ward, and has generally made a huge change in his life. The sweetest blessing of all is this, his decision to go through the temple and be sealed to my mom for time and all eternity. I'm just in awe at the amazing love, grace and miraculous power of our wonderful Father in Heaven. How he pours out his blessings upon his children. I'm SO grateful for my mom and her sweet devotion and obedience. Along with our Father in Heaven, I credit her with this amazing transformation. If not for her great example and continuous obedience in attending the Temple regularly, I don't know that this would be happening right now.
My only regret is that I can't be there with them for this joyous event.
I anxiously await the opportunity to go and be sealed to them both in a couple months.

16 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so wonderful!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family. I can't imagine the feelings you are having.
Enjoy this unforgettable day. I'll be thinking of you all!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh Mikki-- I cried reading this post. I am SO happy for you, your Mom and especially your Dad. What a wonderful blessing!! Happy anniversary to your forever parents!

tammy said...

This brought tears and chills. So happy for your family!

Kristina P. said...

This is so great, Mikki! Congrats to your parents.

gigi said...

Mikki, I am so happy for you and your parents and this joyous news! I can't wiat until you can go too. What an awesome day that will be for you! This made me feel good all over. (((hugs)))

The Foulgers said...

What a sweet blessing for your family. I wish you could go as well, but the day you are sealed to them will be an amazing day too!:)

Laura said...

How wonderful! You'll be right there with them - in their hearts!

*MARY* said...

Wow that's awesome! Gave me goosebumps.

CL said...

Mikki that is so exciting! My Dad was less active most the time I was growing up too (now he's even been Bishop). Aren't Moms amazing- taking their kids to church alone? You are amazing too. I wish you could be there and how exciting for you to be sealed to them.

Connie said...

LOVE IT!!! My Dad's not a member of the church but my Mom received her endowments 10 years ago! It would be a dream and prayer come true if my Mom and Dad were to be sealed!

jamieBEE said...

Congrats!!!!! Such great news!!!!

Kristy said...

That is awesome!! Congrats to them and you! I anxiously await the day I might have the same opportunity (to see my parents sealed in the temple)! I hope they have a great day and I am sure they will remember it forever!!

CB said...

Mikki - I don't know how I missed this post but I am glad I found it now.
My Mom and her hubby just did this and it is Sa-Weet indeed! For you even sweeter because it is your mom and dad.
And you are totally right, it is your wonderful mom and her faithful ways that I am sure turned your Dad around - We women are just amazing like that! (wink)
I am SO EXCItED that you will be sealed to you parents. That is just So awesome and will be an amazing day for you.
I feel so happy for you and your family :D

Jenny said...

I am truly happy for your family! This is such a special blessing.

Richelle said...

What a wonderful thing! So happy for your family!

Ane said...

What an amazing blessing! I am so happy for you and your family!!

Congrats!