Friday, October 31, 2008
1. What is your favorite thing about Halloween? um, the candy
2. What is your favorite Halloween tradition? We don't really have any Halloween traditions aside from the usual get dressed up and go out, come back home and pass out candy. I guess our wards trunk or treat party is the only other thing we do regularly each year.
3. What was your favorite all-time costume from childhood or adulthood? I guess the year I was 7, I was a ballerina. I wore my ballet tutu, and pink tights, and crafted a tin foil crown.
4. Scary Halloween decorations or cutesy? I like cutesy inside the house, but scary outside.
5. What is your favorite Halloween memory? Last year, when I dressed the twins as Thing 1 and Thing 2
6. What is your favorite scary movie? "Signs"--I know it's not the scariest movie out there, but I thought it was SO good!
7. Candy Corn...Love it or Hate it? I LOVE candy corn.
8. What was your favorite Halloween party activity? probably those games where you're blindfolded and you stick your hands into bowls of peeled grapes, and cooked spaghetti and you're told that they're eyballs, and intestines and whatnot.
9. What is your least favorite Halloween party activity? I guess I don't care much for the whole apple bobbing thing. I'm not too great at holding my breath, especially with my mouth open under water.
10. Painted pumpkins or carved? Carved. Painted just doesn't seem as fun to me.
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
This picture is so sweet. Justin was being examined by our doctor, and was just not a happy camper. He gets very scared of the examining table, and the doctor. So, he's screaming bloody murder--and sweet Jason was feeling quite empathetic. Justin, however, was just happy to be done, and didn't feel any of that sympathy for Jason while he was unhappily being examined.
In fact, I'm sitting here typing with my hair also encased in mayonnaise and saran wrap. We thought it better to be safe than sorry. Jon and I are both enjoying the treatment as well. Tomorrow we'll apply the other chemical stuff from the store. Hopefully between the two, we'll have success.
Here is Ashley yesterday, enjoying the $3 pomegranite she bought at Smiths. Three dollars!!! For one pomegranite!!! Insane. It is a big one, but still. Three dollars!!!!!!
I'm glad I agreed. It was pretty tasty!!!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice!
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, ask If They Want Fries With that.
4. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
5. In the Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write 'For Marijuana'
6. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy'.
7. Skip down the hall Rather Than Walk! and see how many looks you get.
8. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
9. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go'.
10. Sing Along At The Opera.
11. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area and Play tropical Sounds All Day.
12. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You have a headache.
13. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'
14. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Parking lot, Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'
15. Tell Your Children Over Dinner, 'Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.
I really like the manner in which Shauna bestowed this upon me--by emailing me. It really added to the surprise factor. So, I think I'll do the same thing. I'll be emailing a few of my favorite blog keepers today. :D
Sher got tagged with the 8 things tag. And she kinda in a way tagged me. Well, she tagged whoever wants to play along, and I thought this was a fun tag--and I want to play along. So here goes...
8 TV SHOWS
1. American Idol
2. Dancing with the Stars
3. Designed to Sell
5. What Not to Wear
6. Design on a Dime
7. House Hunters
2. Olive Garden
3. Ruby Tuesday
4. On the Border
6. In -n-Out (fast food has to count with me--I ADORE this place!)
8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1. Well there was my whole temper tantrum thing yesterday morning
2. Walked to the store.
3. Took my daughter to spend some of her birthday money on new clothes
4. Went grocery shopping
5. Pulled out my fabric in the hope of starting up some sewing again.
6. 2.75 loads of laundry
7. Yelled at my daughters about their bedroom
8. Went to bed at midnight after trying to catch up with my blog reading.
8 THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO
1. Thanksgiving (my mom and dad are coming--yay!!)
3. Figuring out what's going on with my job
4. going to the Temple with my mom in January
5. These stupid elections being over and done with
6. The next year of life with two growing toddlers--they're a hoot!
7. Getting an Etsy shop, or blog business started. (I better get busy)
8. Finally getting my house organized
8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
1. A mini van
2. a new digital camera
3. a new sewing machine
4. some digital scrapbooking software
5. a tree for the backyard (along with the appropriate sized hole already dug out of the HARD ground for it)
6. well, make that landscaping for the entire back yard
7. new flooring throughout the entire house
8. an entire new wardrobe
OK, I tag 8 People
5. Amy J.
7. Mother Goose
8. Cheater cheater pumpkin eater----anybody who wants to do it!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Yelled at my camera that I hate it's guts. (to which Ashley informed me cameras don't have guts)
Banged my toothbrush holder on the bathroom counter (because I couldn't get my darned toothbrush out of it) and broke it.
Yelled at Jason when he wouldn't stop throwing a temper tantrum first thing this morning.
Does someone need anger management course, or am I just PMS'ing?
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Let me just get this one out of the way.....
Friday, October 24, 2008
Justin didn't quite know what to think. He just kept smiling at me like I was some kind of nut. Well, he's probably right about that.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Tonight, I had my temple recommend interview with the Stake President.
I'm now a card carrying member!!! whooHOO!
I will probably go in January. That is when my mom is hoping to have her goal accomplished of also getting her endowment. So, we're hoping to go together.
I can hardly wait!
Monday, October 20, 2008
All four of these sweet little awards came from Sher. How wonderful is she? She must know how much I like my ego stroked! LOL. Sher is a wonderful friend I have made in the bloggy world. She is beautiful, mommy to three adorable kids, and tomorrow, she is going into the studio to make a cd of her piano music--a professional cd!!! I can't wait til it's done and I can buy it. She really is fantastic.
Now I just have to decide which one I'm going to use for my blog header. I really think I like the one with the red buttons the most. What do you think?
Oh, oh oh!! And, in my inbox today was an email from Rebecca--another gorgeous gal I've met through blogging. She lives in California with her hubby and two (I think it's just two) kitties. Rebecca is a great artist and poet. In her email she said she will try to stop off for a visit on her way back through town in a couple weeks!! How cool is that? To actually get to meet one of my blogging buddies!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
- There was the sleepless night, followed up with a day of chocolate goodness.
- There was my attempt at re-locating kids bedrooms without the hubby's help--which I for the most part succeeded at. Hubby only had to take down and put back together a crib. Yes, I took that door off and squoze that bed right through it.
- There was my pitiful cookie baking episode. The cookies turned out ok. Ashley was satisfied with them, and that's all that really counts anyway.
- My wrist. I stepped up onto the step ladder, to hang some streamers. Now, it's a step ladder for goodness sake. Two steps on the thing--that's it. How could I get that wrong? I've got my bathrobe on, because I was preparing to get ready for work, and didn't want to get dressed just yet. So, I step up, and I don't really know how it happened, but I tripped over myself I guess and all of a sudden I'm falling. Not just straight down falling though. Somehow, I think I wrapped myself around the stepstool. So, I seemed to keep bumping and thumping into it as I went down. I of course put my hand down to catch myself, so I think I must have just jammed my wrist pretty good. So, what's the reward in that? The TLC I received right after. Both my girls come running over to offer me hugs and affection. Haley in fact started crying--sweet thing. Guess I gave 'em a pretty good scare. Jon then, kept his hands on me as I finished hanging streamers. Not sure if it was out of concern or just a chance to grope me. LOL
- Going through pictures and scanning them--total failure. I procrastinated going through them until the very last minute, then when I went to scan them at WallyWorld at eleven o'clock at night, their scanner machine was shut down. :o( So, I had to make do with taking pictures of pictures, which is why they look so crummy!
- And then there were the party preparations. I didn't get nearly everything done that I wanted to for Ashley's party. The house wasn't as clean as I would have liked. I didn't have it as decorated as I would have liked. The cake didn't come out quite as well as I would have liked. But guess what? It was a hit. The girls had a blast. I heard several comments about it being the best birthday party they'd been to. So, what am I taking away from this? To not stress so much over the details. The kids could have cared less what the house looked like, as long as they could have a little fun.
So, Ashley's par-tay:
We started off with make-overs. Well, just make-up really, and then the girls went and changed into some of Ashley's dresses for the talent show. After that, they had pizza and soda pop.
Ashley had to open one of her presents before we could do the talent show--it was required for the talent show (A karaoke machine).
I think the talent show was everyone's favorite part. Everyone really just opted to do karaoke to the Hannah Montana karaoke cd Ashley also got. Three of the girls played the role of the judges from America's Got Talent.
After the talent show, everyone got to pick a prize that was wrapped up. We let them have the option of swapping their prize before unwrapping (just for a little extra suspense), then of course, it they weren't happy with it after opening, they could swap again. After this, we went on to the decorating of the individual cakes.
I think this was everyone's next favorite thing. Pretty creative girls. Those cakes came out pretty cute. (Thanks Merrianne, for the suggestion!).
Then of course, the opening of the presents. Lots of cute stuff, and not a single toy! Yay! My little girl is growing up! (sniff!)
Ashley passed out some party favors.
Then we had cake and ice cream and popped in the Camp Rock dvd. That was pretty much it. By 8:00, pretty much everyone was on their way home, except for one of our guests, who asked if she could sleep over--of course we said "sure!".
All in all, a great day.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
My right wrist is SORE!! Took a spill today while putting up decorations. Wish we had video taped it--must have been quite the sight. I just remember wondering when I was actually going to stop rolling.
That's it, for tonight.
Oh, and thanks everyone for commenting and wishing Ashley a happy day. We (and me especially) really appreciate your kind words and loving thoughts. She had a great day--said it was her best birthday yet. Yay!
Friday, October 17, 2008
October 18th, 1998
That's the day we welcomed you to our world, and our lives changed forever.
Seven pounds and 8 ounces of sweetness! I won't ever forget that magical "swoosh" as you entered our world. You were a bit colicky at first, but soon blossomed into a happy, healthy, roly-poly Gerber baby!
I miss your curly, curly locks.
You are my girly-girl. Thank goodness I got one of those! You love to play dress-up, and play with make-up. You want to be a pop star someday. I definitely see voice lessons on the horizon.
You are a terrific big sister. I know your little sister works your nerves some days--then you both work mine--but you are sweet and thoughtful, and often willing to share.
You are my snuggle bug--love to cuddle, and give hugs, and show affection (something I need to work on receiving better).
You love to draw, and I think you're pretty talented at it. You're very creative. You enjoy science--suprised me, since it's definitely not my subject of choice. You're an awesome reader--that one doesn't surprise me, because I enjoy it so much too.
Just where have the last ten years gone? Could you please stop getting bigger now? You're already over halfway to the point where you'll be leaving our nest. Already almost a teenager.
You're blossoming into a beautiful young woman. You are kind and thoughtful, generous to a fault.
I'm going to get all soft and sentimental now. I haven't done all the things I dreamed of doing with you. I feel most days like I'm too hard on you. I expect so much from you because you're the oldest. When I start to act like that the next time, just remind me to take it easy, and let you enjoy your youth. Heaven knows, it's gone in a flash.
I love you so much. I hope you have a wonderful day, and an even better year ahead.
Happy Birthday sweetPea!!