Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I have seen the light (and I'd like my sunglasses please)

Have you ever wondered about that part.... "Lighter than at noonday." ?


(Joseph Smith History 1: 30 While I was thus in the act of calling upon God, I discovered a light appearing in my room, which continued to increase until the room was lighter than at noonday, when immediately a personage appeared at my bedside, standing in the air, for his feet did not touch the floor. )





I have.


The noonday sun is pretty bright. How can anything be much brighter than that? I mean, can you even imagine anything brighter?





Well, I got my eyes dilated this week at the optometrist. I don't think I've ever had them dilated before.


Wow!!! Now I get it. Yeah, things can get a whole lot brighter. Amazing. Kind of makes me wonder what else we don't really experience in our limited capacities.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway--see the post below!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful post Mikki!! :) You made getting your pupils dilated a spiritual experience :) lol! you're the best!!!

Jenny said...

I have never enjoyed going to the optometrist. I am sooo over due!. Great post.

CB said...

Ha Ha I was wondering where you were going with this post at first! That is an EXCELLENT point - super great analogy. I think there is alot we miss in these human bodies!!!!

Lisa Loo said...

I have worn glasses since I was 18 months old---They dilated my eyes so often I thought those plastic black glasses WERE my glasses. But I can honestly say I had never made the analogy before--love the way you think, girl!

kanishk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.