Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

I always find myself a little depressed the last week of the year. It's hard for me to pinpoint why. This year for instance, I'm looking forward to the fresh start that a new year brings, and I really can't think of any wonderful reason to hold on to 2012--doesn't feel like it's been an outstanding year. In fact it seems like we were struggling most of the year. So I should be like, uber excited for a new year to begin, yet I'm depressed.
Maybe it's cause I know that I'm going to blink twice and it's going to be New Years Eve 2013. Time just rushes by so fast these days. I really don't know how it got to be the last day of the year already.


I've been kind of thinking about resolutions. I'm still debating what I want to resolve, if anything.
My resolutions typically go unfulfilled, so I figure, why bother?
I'm also thinking maybe I'll make one resolution. I already know what it needs to be too. It's kind of all-encompassing, and it's definitely something I REALLY need to work on.

But, I'll save that for tomorrow maybe.

I kind of wanted to review 2012, if only for the sake of taking note for my family; especially since I didn't do much blogging this year. 

BUT, I'm sitting here trying to think what happened this year..... and honestly, the only thing I can think of is that this is the year my littlest ones started school.

 
First day of school shots...
 Jaosn
 
 Justin
 
 Haley
 
 Justin and Mrs. O.
 
 Jason and Miss B.
 
Ashley
 

My boys turned five this year. Haley turned ten, and Ashley....fourteen. Fourteen!!!

     Justin hasn't quite embraced school yet. He likes his teacher, and he likes the homework; but he doesn't look forward to going to school. I think it's just 'cause he's so shy. I say this as he's on the couch making a TON of noise with his sister. It's so hard to believe this same little noisy boy is the one who doesn't make a peep as soon as we enter the schoolyard.
     Jason seems to like everything about school. He likes his teacher, his friends, the homework and just going. He's a lot more social.


They're both doing really well regardless. Justin received an academic excellence award the first trimester and Jason received the "coolest Kid" award, which means he's excelling in multiple areas.

Ashley and Haley also continue to do really well. Ashley has her sights set on attending a really good magnet high school next year. It specializes in the arts. She's currently working on getting her portfolio together for her audition in a couple of weeks. She wants to major in art and photography.
    Haley is looking forward to middle school next year. She wants to take band and learn guitar. We got her a guitar for Christmas, so now she just needs to learn to play. I hope she takes to it, she'd be the first musical person in the house.

Jon broke his wrist in September. Six weeks of annoyance ensued as he tried to deal with the cast.
He was very happy to have it removed in time to play the latest version of Call of Duty that came out in November.

We had to put our sweet kitty, Friday to sleep this past Saturday. It was a sad day for us. She's been a member of our family for fifteen years. She'll be missed.

As for me, these days I feel like I'm constantly twelve steps behind.
I can't seem to get caught up with anything, not that I'm trying as hard as I should be.
My job continues to disappoint. The hours are not steady enough to grant us any finacial security tnd things have been a real struggle this year. I hope to find a better, or additional job in the new year.

I really am looking forward to a fresh start and yet I'm leary. I'm concerned it's going to be another rough year. I'm not pleased with how things are going in the world and I'm not feeling much hope that things are going to get better any time soon.

I feel like the voice of DOOM & GLOOM right now.
Sorry guys.

I really do hope for a Happy New Year for all of you.
And for the world.
And for my family.

Need to boost up my faith a bit.






3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It has definitely been a struggle of a year for so many.
I feel much the same about putting up a new calendar.

Hope your year is so filled with blessing you won't be able to contain them all.

Anonymous said...

2012 was a crazy year for us, too... i'm glad it's over .. but yes.. totally baffled at how time has flown!!!! i feel kinda funky, too... but I am trying to think about the New & Exciting things that will happen in 2013.. and when we blink twice it will be 2014 and i want to have MORE FUN and EXCITING things to look back on for the year 2013 than i have for 2012 :) ♥
I hope that YOU and your sweet family have a wonderful new year ♥

Jenny Lynn said...

I totally know how you feel. Had a complete melt down at the end of Dec. I was tired and frazzled, yet could not put my finger on exactly why. So, what did I do...I took a day off. Yep,I got a sub for my primary class...canceled all appointments with people that had been made. Told my family that I needed a Sunday off. Hubby agreed. I took a nice long nap, and relaxed. Was ready to ring the new year in on Dec 31st and let go of 2012. It was a rough year for many and we had our challenges like everyone else. I am sure 2013 will be better for you. Happy New Year!