Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Unfathomable

I don't post much these days, but I felt like I had to mark what happened last week, specifically Friday, December 14th, 2012. A very dismal day in American history.
Twenty beautiful little lights were extinguished that day. Six more beautiful lights taken as well when they tried to protect those little lights.
A gunman entered a schoolhouse and began shooting. This he did after first taking the life of his mother, and before finally taking his own.
I don't understand it.
In my mind I know there are only two possible answers. Either he was just evil, or he was extremely sick. Evidence is pointing to the latter.
I can't understand what kind of logic leads a person to take the life of a child as payment for some injustice rendered.
I suppose there should be no understanding, because things like this just don't make sense. They're not supposed to.
I'm glad that there is one who knows exactly where that young man's mind was, and He will execute appropriate judgement, whatever it may be. I pray for all the families affected by this horrible tragedy, including the family of that young man. I can't even imagine what they're feeling.


I've always loved this image, but even more so after Friday. Looking at it and knowing each of those sweet children got a hug from Jesus that day gives me some sense of peace. I hope their families find peace.


Charlotte Bacon, 6
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47
Madeline F. Hsu, 6
Catherine V. Hubbard, 6
Chase Kowalski, 7
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6
Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52
Emilie Parker, 6
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30
Mary Sherlach, 56
Victoria Soto, 27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison N Wyatt, 6






2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beauifully written.

Anonymous said...

that is a beautiful tribute for them ♥ It was a truly sad, sad day.