- First and foremost, I've learned I'm addicted to blogging. I spend probably 3-4 hours a day reading through other blogs and leaving comments. Maybe I'm just a really slow reader. Most of that time is spent in the evenings after the kids go to bed. This means I generally don't get to be until after eleven o'clock each day. And I wonder why my hubby thinks he's neglected?
- I have learned there are many really, really wonderful people out there. My heart has been gladdened by the many wonderful acts of kindness I observed in the days and weeks following the plane crash that left Stephanie (of the Nienie Dialogues) and Christian Nielson in the hospital. There are various other blogs that I have come across as well, that are about precious families dealing with very difficult circumstances. I have been inspired by them all. You can find some of them here, and here--truly amazing people. Really.
- I learned how to include a link in my post. I had to borrow a book from the library to do it, but hey, whatever it takes right?
- I've learned that I have a lot to say, even if most of it doesn't make sense to anybody but me. I've also learned that there are lots of kind people who leave me a comment anyway, just because they're nice.
- I've learned that I'm a comment junkie. The comments shouldn't really matter to me, but they do. I love receiving them. (I think I just answered your question Shauna--oops. I'll still include it in my answer post next week) I'm not sure why either. Is it because I want to be popular, or do I just like receiving validation?
- I've learned that I still have a problem finishing things. I've started several other blogs, and then stopped adding posts to them. I need to either delete them, or give them a little more attention. (Like I can afford to lose any more time to the blogosphere).
- I've learned I really need to get my priorities in order.
And now for a few things I still need to figure out:
- How do you do those cute little hearts in the posts?
- How do you put a youtube video in a post?
- How do you change what it says at the bottom of your blog posts--you know where it shows how many comments you have?
- Is there a way to have my blog remember the signature I might want to include at the end of each of my posts, or do I have to stick that html code into each and every post?
- How to prioritize
- I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of other things I want to learn how to do.
So there you have it. What have you learned from blogging?
Now for my thankful thing:
I am thankful for Harry and Esther Snyder. Who are they? you ask.....well, they're the founders of In-n-Out Burgers. If you've read my blog for very long, you know I have an obsession with In-n-Out. I think Harry was inspired of the Lord to create the In-n-Out cheeseburger, and I'm so thankful that he did. :o) I truly enjoyed my cheeseburger on my way home from work tonight. Every last gloriously delicious bite. I hope there's an In-n-Out in Heaven (assuming I make it there of course!).
Have a happy Friday everyone!