Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

big fun

I had a g-r-r-reat weekend!
Sure, if slipping on the curb on your way into church counts as great.
I hobbled into sacrament, thanks to adrenaline. Still managed to hobble into nursery. There things got worse. I couldn't put any weight on my foot by the end of church, and I still was supposed to go to work later in the evening to help with our month-end inventory.
My sweet home teacher went home and got Jon so he could drive me home (did you ever think anyone could fit the word "home" into one sentence three times?).
I ended up in quick care, (and don't even let me start on the people you see in quick care) just a sprain, thank goodness. No wrap, no crutches--just instructions to keep it up, iced and medicated for a day or so.
It's still hurts like heck this morning. I was really looking forward to doing my new Julianne Hough Cardio Dance workout this week. Darn it, looks like that'll be waiting a couple of weeks.
I won't be walking the girls to school. I think I'll be doing laundry on my knees. Can you see me, crawling around the house with my kids knee pads on?
Hopefully I'll be able to drive to work tomorrow.

Sure helps you appreciate the little things!


8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ow! I hope it feels better soon!

Nicole said...

oh mikki... i hope your ankle feels better soon!!! :(

Laura said...

I think you could have found a better excuse for not doing the Cardio Dance workout! So sorry for the sprain. I can't imagine you can rest for a day around your home! Take it easy and feel better.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm so sorry. Sometimes sprains feel like they take forever!
I hope you recover quickly because yes, I can see you doing laundry on your knees! You need to ice and elevate!!!!
Honey...quickcare ain't got nothin' on my ER on a Friday night!

Amy J. said...

Oh my goodness! And you still went to nursery! You are a saint! I am so sorry, but the image of you on your knees with miniture kid knee pads cracked me up...but I have repented...no still laughing. :)

Jenny said...

I am so impressed that you still went to nursery! Hope it heals up really quick.

tammy said...

Ouch! I have sprained my ankles so many times over the years. Even though I was a dancer, I have really weak ankles. Hope it heals fast.

gigi said...

Be careful and take it easy and be sure to let it heal perfectly.