Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life....

Wow! Fourteen years ago today, Jon and I were married. Here. In Vegas. At the Chapel of the Fountain inside Circus Circus.
Not exactly my dream wedding.
But, it doesn't really matter-because we're still going strong. Besides, it really was "us". We're kind of goofy and spontaneous.

I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I'd married someone else,...a return missionary...the "proper Mormon boy" that I was supposed to hold out for. And always, as soon as that thought pops into my head it immediately leaves. I just can't see it. I can't imagine my life without Jon.
~~~~~~

I love this song. Whenever I hear it on the radio, I think of my sweety and me.

Dave Barnes - God Gave Me You


I've been a walking heartache


I've made a mess of me


The person that I've been lately


Ain't who I wanna be



But you stay here right beside me


Watch as the storm goes through


And I need you


God gave me you for the ups and downs


God gave me you for the days of doubt


For when I think I've lost my way


There are no words here left to say, it's true


God gave me you


There's more here than what were seeing


A divine conspiracy


That you, an angel lovely


Could somehow fall for me


You'll always be love's great martyr


Ill be the flattered fool


& I need you


God gave me you for the ups and downs


God gave me you for the days of doubt


For when I think I've lost my way


There are no words here left to say, it's true


God gave me you


On my own I'm only


Half of what I could be


I can't do without you


We are stitched together


And what love has tethered


I could never undo


God gave me you for the ups and downs


God gave me you for the days of doubt


God gave me you for the ups and downs


God gave me you for the days of doubt


For when I think I've lost my way


There are no words here left to say, it's true


God gave me you, gave me you.


Gave me you.


~~~~~~~
I do believe that Jon and I were meant to be together.
 I believe that sometimes, our Heavenly Father wants us to pick the one that wouldn't be the obvious choice.
I wouldn't go back and change a single thing.
~~~~~~~~


We went out last night to celebrate. Panda Express and then Carrot Top. Hilarious! (not exactly a "dedicated to the Lord" kind of show, but I've got all year to work on it right?
Jon's fortune cookie said "Make time for a relaxing vacation"--he actually just had vacation. But who couldn't use another one right?
Mine says "Your road to glory will be rocky but fulfilling"--ain't that the truth?
~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Anniversary to my love.
I'm looking forward to the next fourteen years
 and waaaaaaaayyyy beyond!










7 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Happy Anniversary my! I'm glad you were able to get a date and have fun together.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!! i love those Fortunes :) and heck yea... go on another vacation :) :)

Kristina P. said...

Happy anniversary, Mikki!

tammy said...

I know I already told you on FB, but Happy Anniversary!

Connie said...

Happy 14th Anniversary Mikki!

CB said...

Awwww a Happy Happy Anniversary!
I bet Carrot Top was hilarious!

Jenny Lynn said...

Happy Be-lated Anniversary!