Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankful November--Day 18

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.

I can't even begin to imagine where I would be without it. I can't even imagine a world without the hope of the gospel.
I'm so grateful to know I am a daughter of God. I'm so grateful for my beautiful Savior and the great gift He has given me in the atonement. I surely don't even begin to understand the depth and magnitude of it.
My feelings on the subject are summed up perfectly by my favorite church hymn:

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
 
[Chorus]
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
 
 I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
 
 I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
 
Text and music: Charles H. Gabriel, 1856-1932

I am so unworthy of such perfect love.
And there's the beauty of it, I am loved anyway. Amazing.



No comments: