Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful November-Days 8, 9, and 10

Naturally, I've missed a few days. Just wouldn't be me if I didn't. :)

So, here's my catch up day.

Day 8--I'm thankful for my brothers and sister--my first friends. I look back fondly upon my youth and they were a big part of it. We fought frequently, but there were many good times. I'm so grateful for them. I'm grateful that we are still friends.
Jennivene, my little sister and I shared a room growing up. I remember many late night conversations with her. She lives in Tennessee now, and I miss seeing her.
David is two years older than me. He was our family clown. He lives with my parents and I'm grateful he's with them. He helps them out and they help him.
James, my oldest brother passed away in 2001, a month after the attack on the World Trade Center. We talked to each other by phone that day. I think it was the last time I talked to him. He left behind a beautiful wife and two wonderful children.

Day 9--I'm thankful for the telephone and other forms of communication that help me connect with my family. I'm glad that I can call up my mom or chat with my sister on facebook. I'm not great about it (not a big phone talker), but I'm grateful that it's there.

Day 10--I'm thankful for the many members of my extended family. I haven't seen many of them for more than a few years, but they are family and will always have a special place in my heart.

No comments: