Here is my long, long list of New Years Resolutions.
OK, I usually break them down into categories too, so here goes:
- I want to lose 30 pounds this year. Short of that, I 'd like to at least make a better effort at eating better and getting more physical activity.
- I want to tackle my scrapbooking. I can't tell you how much (many?) supplies I have, plus piles and piles of pictures I want to organize.
- Draw closer to the Lord, through better personal prayer and scripture study.
- Do better on my calling. I'm one of the VT Zone Leaders, and lately I haven't been making my monthly phone calls. Also, obviously I'm a VT, and that only got done once last year. I need to do much better at this.
- Get my Patriarchal blessing. I just need to make the appointment and get it done.
- THE TEMPLE---I've got my recommend, yay!! This actually should be a done deal in February. Mom should be ready by then, and my uncle and aunt want to come down and be a part of it, and that's when they can make it.
- Keeping the Sabbath holy. I'll admit it, I break the Sabbath more often than I should. I know sometimes it can't be helped. But even when I'm good about not popping into the grocery store for something I feel like I need, I'm not good at keeping the Sabbath well. The tv is usually blaring, I'm yelling at the kids, or whatever. It's usually not very spiritually uplifting in my home on Sunday's. I'd like to really work on this.
- FHE--I've done much better on this one in the past year, but I'm still falling short of having it every Monday night. So, I want to work more on this one.
- Quality time. Now that I'm back to working full time, the time we have to spend together is more precious than ever. I need to make a conscious effort to put aside all the other stuff, and just focus on family on my days off.
- Save money. Jon and I are the worst at this. But, we are hoping to go to the bank in the next few weeks and open two checking accounts. One for Christmas only, and the other for general savings. Then, we'll have the money automatically deposited from our checks each payday.
- Stop using my credit card. I'm so bad on this one. I'd really like to pay it off, but usually I just charge up whatever available credit there is on it (and there ain't much to begin with). So, I think I'm going to duct tape it up and freeze it or something so I can't use it. Jon's too (he's as a bad as me on this one), I'll hide them both somewhere and hopefully forget about them.
- Food storage. I have a long way to go on this one. I'd like to at least get our 3 month supply taken care of over the next couple of months.
- Organization. Oh my gosh. My house is such a disaster. I know, I have a good excuse, but sometimes I think I rely upon that excuse a little too much. I'm going to try and set up some weekly routines for myself, and hopefully that will help me get back into the groove.
- Ok, here's my home wish list, I'd like tile in the kitchen and dining room and new carpet in the living room and hallway. Don't think this'll happen this year, but it would be nice. I'd also like to get the back yard done. At least some grass planted and maybe some kind of patio put in. Again, probably not gonna' happen this year, but maybe I can start taking some baby steps towards this one. We are going to re-paint the interior this year. Got to get the orange terra-cotta color off the dining room, living room and kitchen walls. We're thinking taupe, or beige--whatever you want to call it. I like the terra-cotta color we've got, but sometimes it's just too much. We are going to paint the kids/guest bath a light blue or aqua, the laundry room I still need to decide on, my room-I'm thinking a buttery color and probably the same in my bathroom.
I think that's it for now. It's way more than I'll accomplish this year, but it gives me something to aim for right?
OK, now completely off topic.
Look what I got.
Mynew digital camera. Thanks Honey!!!
It's either a late Christmas present or an early birthday present. I like to think of it as a late Christmas present.....That way, I can still get more birthday presents!!!
I'm looking forward to learning all about it.