Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

B-b-b-back to school!

Gosh, I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I logged onto my blog to upload some pictures of the first day of school, and of course, it takes for.ever. for Blogger to upload pics, so I thought I'd hop on my google reader and catch up on blog reading while I waited. Then I forgot that I was supposed to be posting something on my blog. Get sidetracked much? This picture is actually from church yesterday. I just loved Ashley's ensemble, so I had to snap a picture. She's becoming such a young lady. I can't believe it. She's almost is as tall as I am. It won't be long and she'll be looking down at me. sigh.
Of course, had to get the little guys in a picture too.
OK, back to school pics.
I really didn't take too many.
I let the boys walk to school instead of taking the stroller, so I was pretty preoccupied with keeping them in my line of vision.

Here are my big second and fifth graders!!
I love this pose of Haley's. She looks pretty cool in my opinion. She cracks me up sometimes.


Gotta get the boys in there too.



All lined up, waiting for her teacher.



We really lucked out this year. Haley got Mr. Barney.
He's in our ward (church) too. He's the best second grade teacher at the school I think. He's very awesome with the kids. Haley also lucked out in that she has several of her best buds from church in her class with her too. Hopefully that won't cause any problems during the school year.
I didn't get a shot of Ashley with her teacher or classmates. They went in before I could get over to her line and snap any shots. I didn't even get a goodbye kiss from her. :(
Her teacher seems pretty good though. We got to meet her on Friday. She say's she's a little strict. But I think it will be in a good way. She said she is big on organization and being hands on. Ashley can definitely use help on organization. She's looking forward to the schoolyear. One of her best friend's Miranda is in her class with her. So, I'm happy for her.

Hopefully it will be a great school year!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Haley looks great on this picture and the contrast with her sister brings something more to the pic. Poor Ashley.

This is funny how you Americans take pictures of the kids when they go back to school. This would be such an embarrasement in France if a mother or a father would do that unless s/he is like a super photographer super cool and all.

The Foulgers said...

I can't believe how tall Ashley has gotten! She really is growing into a young woman!:)
I'm so glad you got Mr. Barney! Luke had him for like a month before we moved. We were so sad to lose him as a teacher!
I hope they have a great school year. Just think, next year you'll have one in middle school-that's crazy!:)

gigi said...

Haley looks very grown up in her church clothes. Really pretty.

I love back to school pictures :)
Hope everyone has a great school year!

tammy said...

Cute pics! Hope they have a great year!

Dianna said...

What a cute family you have!