How is it that some minutes seem to drag on for hours and yet months go by in the blink of an eye?
The girls go back to school in a week and a half. I'm so not ready. I haven't bought a thing yet, and it just doesn't feel like they've been home for five weeks already. I really would like to have more time with them--even though they do drive me up the wall half the time.
So anywho, I was contemplating all this the other night, and thought back to my list of resolutions I made in January. I thought I'd go back and see what I'd accomplished so far. Not much I'm sad to say.
- Let's see, I wanted to lose 30 pounds, or at least start eating better and getting more activity. Well so far, I think I've gained thirty pounds. My eating habits have even been declining. I usually skip breakfast and lunch and nibble on junk. I don't drink any water.
- I wanted to do more scrap booking----nope. Haven't even pulled out a picture
- Draw closer to the Lord---nope. I think I've actually gotten farther away lately. My scripture reading and personal prayer are not where they need to be. I do them both, but my reading is minimal and my prayers are rote.
- Do better on my church calling--again, nope! My visiting teaching is nonexistent, and last month the coordinator called all my sisters to get their reports. Bad, bad Mikki!!
- Get my Patriarchal Blessing---well what do ya' know? I did one!!! I did get my blessing in February. Finally!!!
- Get my Temple Recommend and go through the Temple---Oh my gosh!!! I did this one too!! Yay!! There's hope for me yet!
- Keep the Sabbath holy--Well, I'm still so-so on this one. Needs more work.
- Do better at Family Home Evening--again, not doing so good on this one.
- Quality time with my family--I think I'm making improvements on this one, but I could still do better.
- Saving money--nope, not so hot. We did open a second checking account, but we're still working on the savings part.
- Stop using my credit card--sigh. Another one down the tubes.
- Food storage--OK, really, what was I thinking when I made this list. Food storage? Me? Miss Disorganized? Miss I Can't Save Money Let Alone Save Up a Few Extra Cans of Food Now and Then? Get real!
- Organization--um yeah, did you see the previous one? Miss Disorganized, that's me.
- And then there was my home wish list. Yeah, none of that's come to pass yet either. We are still hoping to paint in the next month or two. We'll see how that goes.
So, overall, I'd say I'm failing. Well, maybe a D-. That's OK though, the year's not over yet right?
I think I'm going to re-work my resolutions and pick out a few that I want to focus on for the rest of the year. I've actually managed to do more than I usually do. And they were important ones too, so that has to count for something right?