Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

30 Days of Thanksgiving Day 21

I am grateful for answered prayers.
Even when you're being too silly or stubborn to pray.
How do I know my Father loves me?

It's those times when I've been so angry or hurt that I just can't bring myself to pray, and He gives me an answer anyway.
Just a fer instance.
Several years ago, after Jon was baptized our sweet bishp at the time offered him a calling. Jon accepted it  but felt inadequate; as a result he stopped right there in his progression in the gospel. It wasn't the bishops fault and it wasn't Jon's fault (if anything, I blame myself. The bishop had asked me what kind of calling I thought Jon would be comfortable with. I should have told him he'd be most comfortable without a calling at that time). Regardless, I was very disappointed. Very sad.
We were getting ready for church one morning shortly after this event, and I was just in a bad place that day. I wouldn't pray. But the Lord knows the desires of our hearts, he knows exactly what we need.
It was Fast Sunday and the Bishop was conducting that morning. So he got to bare his testimony. What he shared with the congregation was Jon's testimony when he had interviewed with the bishop prior to being baptized. It was exactly what I needed to hear that morning.
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows our needs, who guides others to help us out in those times when we need it most, and for a bishop who was truly in tune with the Spirit.

5 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That was beautiful.
It's sometimes hard to deal with the tough stuff, but thankfully there are always angels to help us through them.

Dianna said...

Thanks for sharing that. God always loves us, even when we don't feel like He does. I'm so grateful for his reminders that we are important to him.

tammy said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am amazed all the time how Heavenly Father answers prayers and knows our needs, sometimes without us even having to ask. Yesterday during Sacrament Meeting (and after I'd been sustained) our new bishopric spoke and I felt that I was receiving personal revelation. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

Connie said...

Life doesn't always go our way but it's always a blessing when we have a tender mercy. Let's us know our Heavenly Father truly is mindful of us!
Beautiful post.

Ann Marie said...

Very beautiful post.
Sometimes when my prayers are not answered how I think they need to be right then.. I end up seeing things later on.. just why they were not. Such a blessing.

I saw your comment on Taunas blog about Brandon Flowers.. and I LOL.. sorry you happened to come on a post like that! hahaha! I see you are from Vegas.. and so is he! haha.. I'll quit.

Anyways.. their is a PICTURE of Tauna on my post today. Sorry I caused a distraction!