Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ugh!

Only the third day into the new school year and the drama has already begun.


This little cutie is struggling today. He did NOT want to go to school. He was crying all morning at the prospect. He said he was scared. Of what? I asked. He didn't know. Says his teacher is nice, and nobody is mean to him; but still....doesn't want to go. I don't know what to do for him or say to him to make it better.

I don't know what to do for him or say to him to make it better. I feel bad for him, but he's got to go to school.

We went through this last year too, but it was a little bit further into the school year. For about a month, he didn't want to go to school and moped about in the mornings, trying to get out of it. He wouldn't go play on the playground with his friends, would just cling to my hand until the bell rang. He'd be fine after school, tell me he had a good day. But he wouldn't want to go again the next morning.
And then one day everything was ok again. We got to school and he ran off to play.

I hope that day comes quick.

No comments: