As usual, there are so many areas I need to do bettter in. Most of them are the same areas I've been working on for the past twenty years, and when I say working on them, I mean not really putting much effort into the cause.
Anyway, this year I resolve to do the following:
- First and foremost, keep JOY as my mantra for the year. Jesus first, then others and then myself. This includes everything from personal prayer to scripture study to improved service. I'm hoping to just check off this little list each day. Before I get to do anything for myself, I'm going to take care of the other two priorities first. First the Lord, then my kids or hubby, or whoever else is there at that moment needing something from me. I think the lovely thing about the O for others is that it stands for others and not EVERYONE else. So, I can get my kids their bowl of cereal in the morning after saying my prayers and then I can focus on me for a minute--maybe get in that desperately needed workout or shower.
- lose the weight I've gained back in the last 18 months. So irritated with myself for gaining back that 30 pounds. I mean, why did I even bother in the first place if I was just gonna get lazy and let it all creep back on? So, thirty pounds over the course of the year. Totally doable. Portion control and exercise. That's how I did it last time.
- Cut out the soda products. This may be the hardest one for me. Au revoir Pepsi! I shall sorely miss thee!
- Save money/stick to budget. enough said.
- Simplify---I just have too much junk! I need to work on weeding out all the unnecessary stuff from my life. I also need to learn to relax a bit, and recognize that sometimes the simple things in life are enough.
- Set some reading goals for the year. There are some books I want to re-read, and some classics that I've just never gotten around to. This year I want to tackle that list of books.
What are your resolutions this year?