Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Healthy Challenge

Ok, I must be crazy.
I've been off the bloggy wagon for most of last year and now suddenly I'm jumping back in. Maybe it's just cause it's a fresh year or something.
When I say I'm jumping back in, I mean head first without looking to see if there's any water in the pool.
As in, trying to maintain more than one blog at a time again.
I have like seven blogs that I mostly don't do anything with. Such a silly girl.

But, I've been needing to get back on track with my weight loss goals. I had pretty good success two years ago doing the Ladies Olympic Challenge (blog has been deleted), and I really want to start up something like that again. I tried doing a similar challenge last year, but just never really got into it. So, what I'm trying to get around to saying is that I'm starting up my own challenge over here at this blog: A Healthy Challenge.
The challenge is basically just a 30 day period of time in which I'll try to make some better choices, follow the points guidelines and try to rack up the most points to win. In so doing, I'll hopefully make some new healthier habits that'll stick around.

I'm telling you all, because I need supporters or compadres. Anybody interested in trying to get a little more healthy this year? Interested in a little friendly competition? How about a gift card if you're the winner?
I'm willing to put up 25 of my little ol $$$'s as a starting point.

Even if you're not interested, if you know someone who might be, send them my way. I really need someone to be accountable to!


5 comments:

Lene said...

I think I might just be interested.

Mikki said...

Yay!!

CB said...

Good for you!!
BTW you are crazy - One blog is all I can handle. I am not multi talented :-D

Anonymous said...

I saw this on FB (Thanks for accepting me BTW) and plan on joining in!

Gwennaƫlle said...

OH MY GOSH!!!
This is just perfect timing for me.
At the end of last year, seeing that I had reached the first new year's resolution I had set for myself in my life I have felt like setting some new goals for 2012 that I know I can reach with just a little effort. Also at the end of 2011 I have understood what was my breathing problem when running which made me feel like trying to run just to improve my health, not to lose weiht or anything crazy of the kind (hee hee hee hee) I am really not one of those health freaks.

Today I bought a pair of shoes and pants to start running tomorrow and this song is my motivation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoHzuLY1lcM

So I am definitely joining in. This is going to be fun :)